What You Need to Know to Crush Your Spinutech Interview
Published by Spinutech on April 24, 2017
This will be the best blog post you'll read if you are considering applying for a job with Spinutech. Especially if you have an interview. In this post we are going to share some insights on what we look for in a potential team member. Reading this prior to your interview will give you a huge advantage. (Hypothetically of course, bringing in donuts might also give you an advantage…. Kidding. Sorta.)
- Study up on Spinutech. Understand what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. It would be great if you were able to rattle off some of our clients and what we’ve done for them. This will also set you up to ask some great questions about our work. We like that!
- Showcase personality. We are going to ask you some absolutely ridiculous questions. As an example, we like to ask what your theme song is if you had one playing from the time you get out of your car and sit down at your desk. Then we are going to ask you why it is that song and make you defend it. In general, we just want to get to know who you are. It is important to us that personalities align with our team.
- Watch some of our videos. This will give you a great idea of what our culture is like and how we have fun. It's also great conversation showing you did your research on us (see #1.)
- Send a thank you note. Email is sufficient, but sending a handwritten one as well is great. This is a deal breaker for us with certain positions.
- Be authentic. We are not interested in someone telling us what they think we want to hear. If it isn’t a good fit, now is the time to figure that out! Often times, people are so caught up in finding a job that they don’t hold out to find a good fit, which is not good for either side. Consider this a two-way interview in that regard.
While all of these tips are specific to what we look for, they can apply to other company positions and interviews you may be a part of. It’s important that you go into the interview confident knowing not only what you have to offer, but what the hiring company has to offer.
We can’t give all of our secrets away here, but I can promise you that using the top secret information from above will certainly help you. You've got this. Good luck!