5 Signs It's Time to Redesign Your Site
By Marc Reifenrath on February 13, 2014 in Design
You've got a website (so far so good, it is 2014 after all), but it's been around for a while...maybe a little too long?...maybe not? All you know is it's not as new and fresh as it once was. Time after time, when talking to clients, we get the same question again and again...
"How often should we redesign our site?"
Short answer, it depends...however, our standard response is every 3-5 years depending on a number of factors, including your industry. Again, it depends, but this at least gives you a general idea.
For the time being, rather than worry about your very specific, industry related details, your first step should be to evaluate your current site using five simple questions (which may provide an obvious answer)...
- Does your site work across multiple devices? - Does it work on your phone, tablet, desktop, etc...thus, is it responsive?
- Does it seem like every change is a struggle? - Are you limited by your existing site structure? Is it hard to add a new product category or service?
- Does it simply feel old? - You know, shag carpet and wood paneling kind of feel to it. Trends change and sometimes what was once the "in" thing now seems extremely out of date.
- Does it perform well in search engines? - Are users able to find you? Were they ever able to find you?
- Does it seem unclear what your business does or what niche you serve? - Content, especially good content, is king...how does your's measure up?
Well...how did your site stack up?
What's your gut tell you?
Ready for a bigger conversation about your site? Contact us or comment below, we'd be happy to help.