While once a well-known specialty-only clinic, the introduction of primary and urgent care presented a unique challenge for The Iowa Clinic. With stiff competition in local markets, The Iowa Clinic turned to Spinutech to assist with the development of a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that would help them achieve their patient intake goals and increase brand awareness.
A FOCUS ON METRICS
We started by assessing their current website and implementing a robust custom metrics strategy within Google Analytics to help better inform the marketing team of behaviors on the current website. All digital marketing efforts were closely monitored and tracked with conversion tracking using Google Tag Manager to gauge effectiveness.
UNDERSTANDING THE AUDIENCE
Knowing there were multiple target audiences, we used a combination of digital marketing tactics to capture the different audiences with different messages based on their position in the decision-making process and funnel. Urgent care and primary care behaviors are very different from one another, so determining the right mix of tactics and messaging to effectively reach each audience at the right time was a constant process of testing and optimization.
- Paid search with a heavy focus on local search
- Interest and topic-based display advertising
- Audience-focused Facebook advertising
- Native advertising focusing on brand awareness and affinity
- Video advertising for specific campaigns
- Local search-based SEO with a focus on directory listings
A COMMITMENT TO RESULTS
Three months after launch, The Iowa Clinic saw:
- 14% increase in sessions
- 196% increase in organic traffic
- 539% increase in mobile traffic
- $0.73 reduction in paid search CPC
- 4.3 point improvement in paid search CTR
- 5M+ impressions
- Close to 1,000 digital marketing conversions