Option to be Fully Remote or based out of one of our 5 offices: Des Moines or Cedar Falls Iowa; Chicago; Denver; Tampa.
Spinutech is looking for a passionate Senior Content Strategist to join our growing team of 175 talented people who deliver results through data. In this role, you’ll work closely with clients and with our 9 rockstar Content team members to plan and write content to achieve clients’ marketing goals. You’ll collaborate with writers, designers, account managers, and fellow strategists to provide strategic direction, as well as identify gaps and opportunities in content structure and messaging. Our ideal candidate has a passion for storytelling and a knack for creating impactful marketing messaging that addresses problems, answers questions, and inspires consumers to take action. In this role, you’ll also be responsible for guiding less experienced content strategists on best practices in strategy and writing, and have the chance to train teammates as a senior member of our Content team. You’ll work closely with our Content Team Lead, to whom you’ll report.
Work hard, learn something new every day, and grow your career with one of Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing digital agencies.
- Simplify complex information and communicate with target audiences in an easy, digestible way
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders to identify target audiences, consumer pain points, and business solutions
- Develop and help maintain a cohesive brand story and voice across deliverables
- Provide strategic direction on website and marketing content opportunities, utilizing SEO and UX/UI knowledge
- Collaborate with website designers during website development process to ensure website goals and KPIs are being met
- Audit existing content for gaps and opportunities; evaluate content effectiveness and quality
- Conduct keyword research; identify internal linking strategies
- Write marketing content such as blogs, long-form guides, emails, case studies, landing pages, social media posts, ad copy and more
- Prepare monthly client reports with strategic recommendations and confidently serve as the Content Subject Matter Expert in client reporting meetings with other agency teams
- Own your projects, your client relationships, and your strategies
- Keep up-to-date on the latest in content marketing and strategy
- 5+ years of experience as a content strategist, content marketer, content writer or similar creative role; previous agency experience preferred.
- Experience developing content for a variety of brands, industries, and tones of voice
- Exceptional presentation skills and experience presenting to clients and working as a main point of contact with clients
- Ability to recognize and present opportunities for additional scope or client work
- Experience with the following, and proficiency in at least some of these areas: persona building, first-person research and secondary research, SEO copywriting, journey mapping, Google Analytics, reporting
- Understanding of how to target content to customers at different buying stages and move customers through the funnel
- Ability to clearly communicate and present a creative vision tied to clients’ goals and objectives
- Expert-level collaboration, project- and time-management skills
- A “We Over Me” mindset with no ego and a dedication to collaboration
- Ability and desire to work autonomously and manage one’s own desk while working toward Content team and client goals
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing, advertising, journalism, communications or English preferred)
- Experience with reputation management and/or content distribution a plus
- A passion for continuous learning and a desire to #GetBetterEveryDay
- Writing samples and portfolio of writing and strategy work
Back to all positions